Thursday, August 2, 2012

Prepping for Shopping

Today's special is...
Image by Simon Howden


Tomorrow is going to be grocery day.  I have the list prepped and dinners planned.  One thing that occurs to me is that I need to find some different lunch options because tuna is going to get old soon.  It's easy to get stuck in a rut once you find something that is tasty and easy, but boredom is often my downfall.

To keep my food bill down, I scour the ads to see who's having the best sales on proteins, and then I base my meals on those proteins.  I'm not a "store loyalist."  I'll go to whichever store happens to be having the best sale that particular week.  This week's winner was Safeway, with deals on chicken breasts, pork chops, and petite beef tip steaks.

Here's my dinner list for the week:


  • Skillet pork chops with sauteed veggies
  • Balsamic chicken breasts with mushrooms and salad
  • Pork chops with Dijon sauce and sauteed spinach
  • Grilled steak with salad
  • Blueberry balsamic chicken salad
  • Italian spinach casserole
I will include the recipes for these meals later in the week.  We also have a potluck to go to on Sunday.  As long as burgers are on the menu I can make it work, but finding something to bring is going to be challenging since my old potluck standbys always included pasta.  I might plan on deviled eggs, but I'll have to think about it.

What is your menu for the week?  What is your Paleo potluck standby?  

No comments:

Post a Comment