Monday, September 17, 2012

The Veggie Challenge

Let the games begin!
Photo by Kittikun


My family is in a vegetable rut.  We tend to get the same veggies day after day and week after week.  Green beans, spinach, broccoli, and -- if we're feeling really exotic -- green peppers and zucchini.  That's kind of sad.  There's a wealth of vegetables out there, and we really need to branch out.  There's stuff out there I haven't even tried, so I don't even know if I like it or not!  

Here's what I'm thinking.

Each week I'm going to report back on our "veggie of the week."  I'll let you know what we did with it and talk about some of the different cooking techniques used for it.  Most importantly, I'll let you know whether the family liked it!  I'm guessing it will start out easy and then get more challenging once we've burned through most of the "easy" veggies.  Since the season is changing and the fall veggies are coming out (more on that later), we may start hitting more uncommon veggies earlier than I would have if I had started this challenge in the summer.  

If you have suggestions for vegetables to try, let me hear them!  I'd love for you guys to participate in the challenge too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment