We adapted a family favorite recipe to make it more primal friendly (it does use feta cheese, so it's more primal than paleo). Casseroles are a little hard to come by when it comes to eating paleo/primal, but they're so awesomely quick to put together, I still find a way to make it work. This one goes together really fast and tastes fantastic.
"Greek" Chicken Casserole
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (I used the ones not packed in oil), chopped
10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
handful Greek olives, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
boneless/skinless chicken breasts (you can probably also use chicken thighs if you prefer)
pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, spinach, feta cheese, olives, garlic, tomatoes, and pepper.
2. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
3. Place chicken along the bottom of the pan.
4. Top with spinach mixture and spread to coat.
5. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is done.
This goes well with a nice spinach salad.